Osservatorio linguistico della Svizzera italiana (OLSI)
The Osservatorio linguistico della Svizzera italiana (OLSI) was established in 1991 by the State Council on the Cultural Commission's proposal for implementation of the cantonal and federal subsidies to the Canton of Ticino for the promotion of its culture and its language, as recently stated in Article 24 of the Ordinance on national languages and understanding between the linguistic communities (June 4, 2010). The OLSI is structured in form of research projects on various aspects of the linguistic reality of Italian in Switzerland and in particular in the Italian speaking part of Switzerland, whose findings are published in the series "Il Cannocchiale" and on-line in the website. It is led by a committee composed of experts in the field of linguistics and cultural and language policy.
- Sociolinguistics in Italian speaking Switzerland and situation of Italian in Switzerland: quantitative and qualitative aspects
- Bilingualism and multilingualism
- Contact Linguistic (Italian- dialect; Italian – other languages)
- Corpus Linguistics
- Linguistic Varieties of Italian in Switzerland (mother tongue, Italian L2, territorial and extra-territorial varieties)
- Language Vitality and Minority Languages