Institute of Italian Language and Literature, University of Bern
The Linguistics section at the Institute of Italian Language and Literature is specialized in the study of the Italian Language in Switzerland (in the Italian part of Switzerland as well as in the rest of the Confederation), in general sociolinguistic topics and in interactions studies. Special attention is given to bilingualism phenomena and Second Language Acquisition.
- Sociolinguistics of the Italian Language
- Italian in Switzerland
- Second Language Acquisition
- Language contact (Italian-dialect
- Pragmatics and Conversation Analysis
- Computer-mediated communication